Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Are Facebook breaking their mobile site on purpose to force me you using the app?

Are Facebook breaking their mobile site on purpose to force me you using the app? 1 week 2 days ago #199300

Ok it's Facebook, so the answer is probably 'yes'. But I've not seen this mentioned anywhere else and wanted to see if it's widespread. In the last few months the site-wide navigation bar stopped working on the mobile Facebook site.

It now only shows the navigation, notifications etc when you're on the home feed, as soon as you click on anything, the blue bar only has the name of the page and an arrow to go back.

Ndiscord.software/ downloader.vip/adobe-reader/ downloader.vip/itunes/

It's a small, mildly infuriating thing sure, but feels like it's specifically targeted at people like me who don't want to use their bloated mess of an app. I can't see any technical reason to disable the site-wide notification bar. It also fails to load quite often. Usually I'd think Hanlon's Razor would apply but I'd bet money this is malicious, classic Facebook.

Anyone else been noticing the same behaviour? Is this just an Android thing or is it happening on iOS too? I've only been using webview based browsers (Yuzu and Chrome).
Last Edit: 1 week 1 day ago by xxcjmaverickxx.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.503 seconds
Go to top